Cardiovascular diseases are one of the main causes of premature death or early disability. According to data from various sources, 40% to 60% of all death cases are caused by heart diseases. Cardiovascular pathologies are rapidly “getting younger”. In other words, more and more young people suffer from them. That is why regular checkups with a cardiologist are necessary to ensure a long and healthy life.
When is the time to visit a cardiologist?
Many people mistakenly believe that a cardiologist should only be visited when there is actually a heartache. The result of such faulty judgment is the sorrowful statistics for heart attacks in the country – about 50,000 per year, and for 30% of patients with acute infarctions the condition becomes lethal.
Meanwhile, there are numerous other symptoms which serve as a good reason to make an appointment with a cardiologist. These include:
- Pain in the heart area
- Labored breathing at routine physical activities
- Continuous weakness
- Any irregularities in heart function (changes in the cardiac rhythm, sensations that the heart “stops”)
- Legs swelling
- Blood pressure issues (hypertension).
If you observe any of the above-mentioned symptoms, you should immediately visit a cardiologist who will diagnose the condition and prescribe efficient treatment. Any disease can be treated much easier when it is diagnosed at an earlier stage, before it does a major or irremediable harm to the organism.
Treatment of heart diseases at Oxford Medical
The Cardiology Department of Oxford Medical Kiev successfully treats:
- arterial hypertension (high blood pressure)
- abnormal heart rhythms
- ischemic heart disease
- secondary hypertension
- cardiac insufficiency (of grade I, IIА), also known as heart failure
- hypercholesterolemia (high level of cholesterol in blood)
Our cardiologists also provide rehabilitation after myocardial infarction.
The first visit to the cardiologist would include looking at the medical history, blood pressure measurement, auscultation (listening) of the heart and lungs work. If needed, the doctor would prescribe ECG, heart ultrasound, additional tests or consultation with other specialists. You will be able to have all that in the same place, not wasting your time standing in lines or visiting other clinics.
Cardiologists of Oxford Medical utilize their solid practical experience to ensure precise diagnostics and successful treatment of cardiovascular deceases.
4 ADVANTAGES OF OXFORD MEDICAL
- highly-qualified cardiologists with years of experience
- comprehensive diagnostics all in one place (all tests, ECG, heart ultrasound, advice of other relevant medical specialists)
- affordable prices
- attentive staff that is eager to help
You can make an appointment with a cardiologist at Oxford Medical Kiev by phone (044) 204-40-40 or via the website application form.