ELOS Hair Removal
The latest Elos depilation technology.
The times when women hardly paid attention to unwanted hair on their body are over. Modern beauties realize that the smooth and clear skin makes a girl not only beautiful and attractive, but also tells the others about her tidiness, cleanliness, and well-groomed appearance. Therefore, a lot of time, effort and money is often spent on the removal of excessive hair. Special ointments, creams, hot waxes, razors, depilators are used to solve this problem... But the results of these methods are often not very pleasant and include cuts, burns and pain. And despite all these efforts, hair disappear only for a short period of time. “The Oxford Medical” clinic offers an entirely different method of unwanted hair removal with a help of innovative Elos laser technology which is implemented using «eMax» and «eLight» units of Syneron Company.
Elos depilation is the only way to get rid of unwanted hair painlessly anywhere on the body for a long time! It is recognized worldwide as the most comfortable, safe and efficient procedure for hair removal!
What is Elos laser hair removal and how does it work?
The «Elos» abbreviation stands for "electro-optical synergy" which is the combined effect of light energy and "useful" electric current. Other units, used for the laser hair removal are based on the single type of energy, while Elos hair removal combines both types, which makes it more efficient. During the procedure a high frequency light pulse coupled with an electric current is applied to the skin, penetrating the surface skin layers and reaching the hair follicles. After the application of energy, hair follicles are destroyed beyond recovery.
What is the difference between Elos technology and other types of hair removal?
- unlike the wax and electric depilation, Elos procedures of hair removal are quick and virtually painless. Hair disappear forever (including light hair and "vellus");
- elos laser hair removal destroys the hair follicle completely, whereas after ordinary photodepilation, hair follicle usually does not die, recovering 1,5 - 2 years later after the procedure;
- elos hair removal, as opposed to other types of laser hair removal, recognizes and affects the hair follicle only, leaving the skin undamaged.
What advantages does the Elos laser depilation have?
- Elos depilation can remove hair of any type, including white, gray and vellus;
- The procedure is harmless to the body, it uses a "useful light" and "useful electric current";
- The procedure is almost painless (even in the armpit and in the bikini area). Painless procedure of Elos hair removal is ensured by the combination of electric current and light energy. Only a small proportion of patients may experience a slight tingling or heat in the treated area;
- Elos hair removal does not deprive the opportunity to sunbathe and swim in the sea;
- Elos technology allows you to remove unwanted hair without any complications: burns, scars, redness, loss of natural skin pigment. During the procedure of hair removal patient’s skin is protected with gel of a special composition;
- Along with its main effect, Elos depilation enhances the production of elastin and collagen, which strengthens the skin and maks it more beautiful and healthy.
How is Elos depilation performed in "The Oxford Medical” clinic?
Before a session of Elos laser hair removal, experienced dermatologist of “The Oxford Medical” collects detailed information about the patient's general health, skin type, hair color, etc. The results of Elos procedures depend on the hair stiffness, skin color, and the thickness of its superficial layer.
The patient sits in a comfortable chair, wearing protective dark glasses, and the procedure begins. Depending on the particular depilation zone, procedure can last from 15 minutes up to 2 hours. Meanwhile, the patient can relax, listen to music or watch video. The procedure ends with the removal of the protective gel.
What devices are used for hair removal?
In Kiev and other affiliated branches of “The Oxford Medical” laser depilation is held on «eMax» units; IPL hair removal is carried out on «eLight» units.
Despite the fact that the pronounced effect will be already after the first procedure of Elos depilation, for the complete and permanent hair removal you will need from 4 to 8 treatments within the period of 4 or 6 weeks.
There is a need for repeated sessions of Elos hair removal because the energy influences only the "activated" hair follicles, i.e. only those in the stage of hair growth. During the first procedure of hair removal, part of hair follicles, are in their dormant stage and, thus, are not affected by the Elos energy. About 15% of hair follicles and hair papilla are eliminated during the first session leading to a complete stop of hair growth in this skin area. It is necessary to wait some time until the next generation of hair enters the growth phase; then it is not difficult to remove them. Therefore, the frequency should be one Elos procedure every 1.5 - 2 months.
How to prepare for the procedure for Elos hair removal?
Elos laser hair removal does not require special preparation. However, there are some basic requirements: two weeks before the Elos session you should not go tanning and perform other depilation. It is important to make sure that at the moment of arrival to the beauty salon, hair is about 1-2 mm long.
Are there any contraindications for Elos hair removal?
Elos hair removal implies virtually no contraindications for the procedure, except certain oncological diseases and pregnancy. More information on contraindications can be provided during the consultation with a doctor. In order to learn more about the prices for Elos hair removal in “The Oxford Medical" you can contact the nearest affiliated branch and sign up for a free consultation.