One of the major tasks of health care is the prevention of dental diseases. Preventing dental diseases, we also reduce the number of general body diseases, whose appearance is often associated with the location of infection pockets in the mouth. Crumbling teeth and inflammation of the oral cavity highly contribute to this process.
In "The Oxford Medical" clinic we have all the conditions for quality diagnostics and treatment of dental diseases of any complexity.
Dental prophylaxis includes a set of organizational, therapeutic and preventive measures, tightly interconnected and complementing each other.
This complex includes, first of all, the correct hygienic regimen, good nutrition, which includes a sufficient content of fats, proteins, mineral salts and vitamins, organization of systemic examinations by dentists for all cohorts of population and, of course, timely treatment of dental diseases.
As it was already mentioned, the rational hygiene of oral cavity plays the most significant role in this prevention system. Proper oral care provides optimal normal functioning of the masticatory apparatus and maintains it in good state.
Experts’ tips on the care of your teeth and gums:
- Brush your teeth 2 times a day. Brushing should be at least two times daily: in the morning and evening. You should not neglect the evening brushing; it is the most important. At night, saliva production is reduced, and it contributes to the growth of pathogenic microorganisms. It is known that saliva has antibacterial properties.
- Clean your tongue. Tongue should be also cleaned, as bacteria also use to develop on its surface. It is recommended to perform this every evening. For this procedure, you can use a regular teaspoon, or a special toothbrush. In their absence, your can take a regular brush used for brushing teeth.
- Choosing the right toothbrush. When choosing a toothbrush, keep in mind that it should not be too hard or too soft. In the first case there is a real danger of damaging gums, which may lead to inflammation; in the second case, a soft toothbrush can not always remove plaque from hard-to-reach places. As a result, the dental plaque eventually accumulates and creates favourable conditions for the occurrence of dental caries and dental calculus. You need to change the brush no less than once in two months.
- Brush your teeth from the interior side. It is necessary to brush your teeth not only from the outside, but also from the interior side. Brushing should be performed along the direction teeth growth. It prevents the accumulation of food debris and plaque under the gumline. Brushing movements on the chewing surface should be horizontal. It helps to clean every crevice and dent on the tooth surface. Today a large number of different toothpastes is produced, but only few people know that their beneficial effects begin not immediately, but after the second minute of cleaning. Therefore, you should never rush with this very important procedure.
- Chew your meal thoroughly. Good chewing of food is the key not only for its successful delivery into the stomach, but is also a good workout for the facial muscles and teeth. In addition, saliva, which is mostly secreted during chewing, neutralizes food acids, sugars and starches, eliminates pathogenic bacteria. All this is a natural prevention of caries and other diseases of the oral cavity.
- Consume more of hard vegetables and fruits. You should eat hard and crunchy vegetables and fruits such as carrots, cucumbers and apples. It helps cleanse the teeth as well. At the same time, it is necessary to reduce the consumption of chocolate, cheese and caramel.
- It is recommended to chew the sugarless chewing gum after a meal during 15-20 minutes. It also helps produce saliva, as a natural means to combat oral cavity diseases.
- Use dental floss. Food debris between the teeth should be clean special thread or floss immediately after eating.
- Avoid smoking. Nicotine leads to yellowing of teeth, which spoils their aesthetic look.
- Visits the dentist regularly. Visit the dentist at least 1-2 times a year for a basic medical examination and removal of small defects: dental stones and plaque. It is always easier to prevent disease than to treat it later.
The Dentistry department of “The Oxford Medical" has the latest equipment, allowing to perform diagnostic procedures of the oral cavity at the highest level and to identify possible diseases at an early stage.