In terms of frequency of its occurrence, such unpleasant disorder as the anal fissure concedes only to hemorrhoid and colitis. This disease is encountered with approximately 12% of patients, consulting with proctologists.
The anal fissure is a randomly occurring break of mucous membrane of anal canal. The form of anal fissure resembles a slit with smooth and even edges. In advanced cases of the disease, the connective tissue is growing over the edges of fissure, and the tissues undergo trophic changes. The development of redundant tissue, which threatens with formation of a fibrous polyp, starts within the area of fissure edges.
The anal fissures are very frequently accompanied with the pain during defecation, sphincter spasms and blood-streaked discharges from the anus. In addition, the rectal fissures often cause constipation, as due to severe pains, the person often strains bowel movement.
Multiple factors may lead to the occurrence of anal fissures:
- disturbance of blood circulation in the anus (most often, due to the sedentary lifestyle);
- problems with gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, ulcer disease, cholecystitis);
- anal injuries (for example, during constipation or as the result of insertion of foreign bodies);
- rectum structure;
- continuous anal sphincter muscle spasm, caused by CNS pathologies;
SYMPTOMS OF RECTAL FISSURE
The anal fissures may be chronic and acute. The main signs of acute anal fissures include:
- complicated defecation, accompanied with pains;
- blood-streaked discharges from the anus;
- anal sphincter spasms.
The symptoms of chronic anal fissures include:
- continuous periodic pain in the anus, especially intensifying when sitting for long time;
- prolonged period of delay of defecation due to pain and unpleasant feelings;
- bleeding during constipation;
- purulent discharges from the anus.
After identifying even minor symptoms of anal fissures, you should never delay your visit to a proctologist and treatment. If you ignore the rectal fissures for long time, they can lead to very serious complications:
- pronounced pain syndrome due to the anal sphincter muscle spasm;
- excessive bleeding;
- painful inflammatory processes (acute paraproctitis, colitis, rectal fistula);
- prostatitis (among men);
METHODS OF TREATMENT OF ANAL FISSURES
It is very important to timely see a proctologist upon appearance of the first symptoms of rectal fissures – it will help to avoid surgical intervention. In Oxford Medical clinic, the acute anal fissures are effectively treated with the help of exclusive drugs and injections. If the disease became chronic, the conservative methods are not very effective. The doctors have to resort to surgical methods of treatment, which are accompanied with some unpleasant moments: complications, infections, inflammatory processes. These procedures are painful and require a continuous rehabilitation period.
The Proctology Department of Oxford Medical clinic uses a unique painless and highly effective method of treatment of anal fissures – radio-wave therapy. By using a radio-wave apparatus Surgitron, the proctologist can perform many operations just for one day and with maximum efficiency.
The advantages of using a radio-wave device:
- Absolute painlessness. Radio-wave surgery allows incising soft tissues, using high-frequency waves (3.8 – 4.0 MHz). As a result, the incision is performed without any physical pressure over tissue and cell fission.
- Exposure to radio-wave high frequencies has a sterilizing effect and prevents risk of occurrence of complications and inflammations after the operation, development of postoperative edemas and formation of scars.
- There is no need in the narcosis, which is frequently tolerated by patients worse than after the operation itself. The performance of operation, using Surgitron apparatus, requires only local anesthesia and injections of the sedative drug.
- After the procedure, the patient does not have any scars left, and the healing process passes quickly and painlessly.
WHY IT IS WORTH UNDERGOING TREATMENT IN OXFORD MEDICAL
The innovative minimally invasive methods are applied for treatment of diseases in Oxford Medical clinic. The high-class colorectal surgeons and proctologists of the clinic work, using the most sparing methods. It enables the person to return to a normal life and forget about his disorder forever. After the operations, performed in the clinic, the patients do not need long-term hospitalization and rehabilitation. Many patients, who underwent successful treatment in Oxford Medical, give positive reviews, saying: “We did not even think that it is possible to treat such disorder as the anal fissure so quickly, effectively and comfortably”.
Once you start feeling discomfort in your anus, make appointment with the proctologist. The experience shows: it is better to undergo a modern and painless examination with a specialist than to spend a lot of time, effort, nerves and funds on the treatment of anal fissure or its complications.
You can obtain additional information and make appointment by calling (044) 204 40 40 in Kyiv.