The scars and cicatrices are the most widespread aesthetic defect, occurring as the result of the break of skin integrity. The causes for their appearance may be different:
- surgical interventions;
- acne diseases, acne, furuncles;
- incorrect removal of tattoos etc.
The scars and cicatrices appear, when not only the basal layers of derma are damaged, but also the deep layers of epidermis and underskin fat. In such cases, the elastic skin fibers become replaced by the fibrous (cicatrical) tissue, as the result of which the cicatrices are formed.
METHODS OF REMOVAL OF SCAR- AND CICATRIX-SHAPED DEFECTS OF THE SKIN
The procedure of removal of scars and cicatrices by RF-energy – impulse fractional radiofrequency radiation is the most popular today. The different types of laser equipment are used in the aesthetic medicine, but the non-laser technology Matrix RF, created on ELOS platform by the Israeli company Syneron, is the most effective.
Unlike the most widespread ways of removal of scars and cicatrices (laser therapy, microdermabrasion, skin needling for acne scars, application of special silicone onlays, aesthetic tattoos and surgical excision), which are painful and not always effective, Matrix RF method is quick, painless and safe.
The use of absorbable creams and ointments is painless, but it can help to “get to rights” only some skin areas with not deep and almost unnoticeable scars. Only Matrix RF allows achieving a perfectly smooth skin in the area of former scar or cicatrix.
MATRIX RF METHOD IN OXFORD MEDICAL CLINIC
The removal of scars and cicatrices is performed under the impact of RF-radiation, locally directed on scarred areas of the skin. RF-energy impacts the skin through the matrix system from heteropolar electrodes.
The skin resurfacing (fractional ablation) occurs through the thermal impact on problems areas – the deep layers are restored, smoothing out scars, and the skin is rejuvenated. The stimulation of growth of new cells that contributes to quick renewal, smoothing and resurfacing of the skin, occurs simultaneously. It is especially valuable that this method does not imply the use of laser, the impact of which can become the cause for irritation of the skin, and in some cases – even burns.
In the Aesthetic Medicine Department of Oxford Medical clinic, the procedure of removal of scars and cicatrices by Matrix RF method is performed by highly qualified doctors that guarantee the full safeness and high effectiveness of the procedure. The impact of RF energy on problem areas is made by the special applicator with high density of electrodes, which generate impulses of radiofrequency field.
ADVANTAGES OF COURSE OF MATRIX FOR PROCEDURES
Based on many years of experience, the specialists in aesthetic medicine of Oxford Medical clinic distinguish the following advantages of Matrix RF method, also proven by the patients of the clinic:
- absolute safeness and painlessness;
- sterility (disposable sterile applicator tips are applied during the procedure);
- quickness of the procedure (15-20 minutes);
- short rehabilitation period (2-3 days);
- visually noticeable effect after the first procedure;
- possibility of performance of the procedure without use of creams and gels, on the dry skin.
For achieving the full effect, the removal of scars and cicatrices by Matrix RF should be carried out by the course, which includes 3 and more procedures with 30-40-day interval. The full regeneration of minute defects and significant positive aesthetic changes of deeper scars and cicatrices will become the result of the course.
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR PROCEDURE
Like any other therapeutic procedure, the method of removal of scars and cicatrices Matrix RF has contraindications, which should be taken into account. They include:
- presence of internal cardio-defibrillator or artificial cardiac pacemaker (electric cardio-stimulator);
- presence of severe diseases, including cardiac;
- presence of implants and specific metals in the area of planned impact of RF-energy;
- cancerous process of any localization in the medical history or in presence;
- serious skin diseases in the medical history, lengthy wound healing, keloids;
- pregnancy and breast feeding;
- weakening of the immune system due to the application of immunosuppressive diseases (HIV, AIDS etc);
- presence of intensive suntan on the skin as well as application of the “self-tanning” (lotions, creams) less than 2 weeks before RF-therapy;
- intake of anticoagulants; coagulopathy and bleeding in the medical history or in presence.
Only after studying the provided list of contraindications and not finding your diseases, you can make appointment for the initial consultation and the first procedure of removal of scars in Oxford Medical clinic.
CONSULTATION WITH THE COSMETOLOGIST IS FREE OF CHARGE!
After the session, you will receive individual doctor’s recommendations on skin care after procedures (protection of the skin after the impact of sunrays, overheating etc). Getting rid of annoying scars and cicatrices will become the result of undergone course of procedures by Matrix RF method, while the skin resurfacing with sustained effect for several years will become the pleasant bonus.
Make appointment by calling (044) 204 40 40 or by filling in the application form on our website.