A mycosis of smooth skin or dermatomycosis is a quite widespread disease, which has infectious nature. The mycosis of the skin is a group of fungal diseases of extremities, body, in some cases – lanugo hair. They distinguish two forms of the mycosis: superficial trichophytosis and microsporia of the smooth skin. The candidiasis and other diseases also relate to different kinds of the mycosis. The danger of this disorder lies in that mycoses have chronic forms in most cases. The untimely visit to a specialist is usually explained by poor awareness of people about the ways of transmission of the disease, preventive measures, first signs and main principles of mycosis treatment. As is known, the later the disease is detected, the more complicated and continuous its treatment will be.
CAUSES OF DERMATOMYCOSIS
The skin mycosis can be caused by many factors, which include:
- low immune function;
- chronic diseases;
- continuous course of treatment with some medications;
- application of low-quality pharmaceuticals;
- irrational nutrition and consumption of junk food;
- presence of bad habits;
- poor hygiene.
It is commonly known that it is always easier to prevent disease than to treat it. For preventing cutaneous diseases, the specialists recommend regularly treating your shoes and underwear as well as airing the room and doing the wet cleaning at home.
SYMPTOMS OF MYCOSIS OF SMOOTH SKIN
The signs of erythemato-squamous form of cutaneous mycosis:
- appearance of red round or oval spots, their growth and formation of foci of polycyclic outlines;
- the skin within the foci gets a brown tinge and becomes covered by small scales;
- appearance of red follicular elements.
The follicular-nodular form of cutaneous mycosis is characterized by formation of grouped pustular and papulo-pustular eruptions. The lanugo hairs are sometimes affected in this form of mycosis. The infiltrative-suppuration form of skin mycosis is quite rare and is usually encountered among children in the hairy part of the head.
The treatment of disease consists in the use of curative remedies, producing local effect. The choice of certain antifungal agent depends on the degree of exfoliation and stage of inflammatory process in affected area. As a rule, the dermatologists prescribe treatment with antifungal ointments and creams. In cases, when the fungus affects lanugo hair, besides antifungal agents, the sealing method is used: the adhesive bandage is sticked on affected areas for five days. The affected hair is removed through epilation. When the dermatomycosis develops into its protracted form, the dermatologists may prescribe systemic treatment – a course of antifungals (Ketoconazole, Fluconazole) for oral administration. The medication treatment results in disappearance of skin spots, renewal of hair and nail plates. After treatment, the fungal tests show a negative result.
ADVANTAGES OF OXFORD MEDICAL CLINIC
- We provide each patient with qualitative medical services of European standard at optimal prices.
- The Dermatology Department of our clinic in Kyiv provides a comprehensive treatment, because the impact on several directions and activation of internal forces of the organism during treatment allows achieving excellent results.
- Oxford Medical clinic offers the most progressive methods of treatment.
The competently selected modern scheme of comprehensive treatment is the guarantee of effective treatment and full recovery.